Free Music Creation Software For Windows
DarkWave Studio is a free Digital Audio Workstation for Windows. Featuring a modular Virtual Studio, Pattern Editor, Sequence Editor and Multitrack Hard Disk Recorder. It has support for VST/VSTi instrument and effect plugins.
The virtual studio has a modular design allowing machines to be connected in an ad-hoc fashion. The pattern editor enables the quick creation and modification of patterns by clicking to add or delete notes and dragging notes to move or resize them. The sequence editor allows you to queue patterns to play for each control track in any arrangement, enabling reuse of patterns and quickly remixing projects.
The Multitrack Hard Disk Recorder allows you to record the output of any machine and record it to 16-bit Integer or 32-bit Floating Point PCM encoded .WAV files for full-quality post-production editing or for conversion to MP3/FLAC/etc.
- Native x64 and x86 Windows Platform Support.
- VST PlugIn Support - Limitlessly Expandable With Instrument and Effects PlugIns.
- Multi Core / Multi CPU Support.
- Full 64-bit Double Precision Floating Point Audio Processing.
- Low Latency ASIO And DirectSound Audio Output Support.
- DirectSound Full Duplex Support For Low Latency Input And Output.
- ES Audio Input - Allows For Input From Sound Card.
- ES Arpeggiator - For Easily Playing Complicated Arpeggios With A MIDI Keyboard.
- ES ControlChange Mapper - Map Control Change Events From One Index To Another.
- ES MIDI Input - Play Instruments From A Music Keyboard.
- ES MIDI Output - Sequence External MIDI Synthesizers.
- ES Mixer - 8 Track Stereo Mixer With 2 Auxilary Tracks.
- ES DGenR8 - Synthesize Drum Beats With Roland TR-909 Flavour.
- ES BassHead - Top Notch Virtual Analog Subtractive Synthesizer.
- ES SpatialVerb - Realistic Reverb Effects With The Smoothest Sound.
- ES Stomp - Synthesize That Classic Techno Thumping Kick Drum.
- ES AntiAlias - 32x Digital Oversampling Filter.
- ES QuadDelay - For Trippy Echo Effects.
- ES Distort - Basic Overdrive Distortion Effect.
- ES Crunch - Limit Bits Per Sample Anywhere From 16 To 1 Bits.
- ES StereoSplitter - Split An Input Stereo Signal Into Left And Right Output Mono Signals.
- ES StereoJoiner - Combine Left And Right Input Mono Signals Into A Single Output Stereo Signal.
- ES Scope - View Generated Waveforms In Realtime.
- ES Control Monitor - View Control Messages.
- ES DownStepper - Sample Rate Reduction Filter.
- Added a 'VST cache' feature to remember VST plugin details when they are scanned for the first time during startup. Next time DarkWave Studio is launched it does not need to load existing VST plugins recorded in the cache, drastically reducing the time the program takes to start when there are a lot of VST plugins to load.
- Fixed an incompatibility between ASIO4ALL 2.14 and DarkWave Studio on Windows 10.
- Fixed an incompatibility with SynthEdit plugins packed with UPX and DarkWave Studio.
- Fixed a program hang when using certain plugins as the VST host was not re-entrant and would hang when the user used the plugin GUI.
- Changed the audio output code to become idle when doing lengthy operations like loading, saving and clearing the project. This helps prevent the audio output to start stuttering when using DirectSound.
- Added 'Play Start' and 'Play End' arrows in the Sequence Editor to allow limiting playback to a small area of the sequence. This allows for easier editing of small parts of a larger track.
- Updated IDE to Visual C++ 2019.
- Updated installer to NSIS 3.04.
- Now targets Windows 7 or greater. Windows XP and Vista are no longer supported.
- Scroll bars added and appearance improved in Project Info.
- Mouse wheel support added to Studio, Pattern Editor, Sequence Editor, and Project Info.
Platform SupportWindows 7, 8, 10
LicenseDarkWave Studio is Freeware.
You are free to use DarkWave Studio for personal, educational, and commercial purposes.
|DarkWave Studio 5.9.0||Setup (.exe)||3.21 MB||Installs DarkWave Studio. Requires Windows 7, 8, or 10.|