Free Music Creation Software For Windows
DarkWave Studio is a free Digital Audio Workstation for Windows. Featuring a modular Virtual Studio, Pattern Editor, Sequence Editor and Multitrack Hard Disk Recorder. It has support for VST/VSTi instrument and effect plugins.
The virtual studio has a modular design allowing machines to be connected in an ad-hoc fashion. The pattern editor enables the quick creation and modification of patterns by clicking to add or delete notes and dragging notes to move or resize them. The sequence editor allows you to queue patterns to play for each control track in any arrangement, enabling reuse of patterns and quickly remixing projects.
The Multitrack Hard Disk Recorder allows you to record the output of any machine and record it to 16-bit Integer or 32-bit Floating Point PCM encoded .WAV files for full-quality post-production editing or for conversion to MP3/FLAC/etc.
- Native x64 and x86 Windows Platform Support.
- VST PlugIn Support - Limitlessly Expandable With Instrument and Effects PlugIns.
- Multi Core / Multi CPU Support.
- Full 64-bit Double Precision Floating Point Audio Processing.
- Low Latency ASIO And DirectSound Audio Output Support.
- DirectSound Full Duplex Support For Low Latency Input And Output.
- ES Audio Input - Allows For Input From Sound Card.
- ES Arpeggiator - For Easily Playing Complicated Arpeggios With A MIDI Keyboard.
- ES ControlChange Mapper - Map Control Change Events From One Index To Another.
- ES MIDI Input - Play Instruments From A Music Keyboard.
- ES MIDI Output - Sequence External MIDI Synthesizers.
- ES Mixer - 8 Track Stereo Mixer With 2 Auxilary Tracks.
- ES DGenR8 - Synthesize Drum Beats With Roland TR-909 Flavour.
- ES BassHead - Top Notch Virtual Analog Subtractive Synthesizer.
- ES SpatialVerb - Realistic Reverb Effects With The Smoothest Sound.
- ES Stomp - Synthesize That Classic Techno Thumping Kick Drum.
- ES AntiAlias - 32x Digital Oversampling Filter.
- ES QuadDelay - For Trippy Echo Effects.
- ES Distort - Basic Overdrive Distortion Effect.
- ES Crunch - Limit Bits Per Sample Anywhere From 16 To 1 Bits.
- ES StereoSplitter - Split An Input Stereo Signal Into Left And Right Output Mono Signals.
- ES StereoJoiner - Combine Left And Right Input Mono Signals Into A Single Output Stereo Signal.
- Corrected a small bug in the DirectSound options dialog which was causing the program to crash when the options were newly creation, after a fresh install or when the 'Clear Options' Start Menu item had been used.
- Added full duplex (audio input in addition to the regular audio output) support to the DirectSound driver.
- Renamed 'Master' (the machine with which all others ultimately connect with) to 'ES Audio Output'.
- Added 'ES Audio Input' machine to connect the audio input stream from the sound card to effects plug-ins and 'ES Audio Output'.
- Removed the hugely unpopular OpenCandy. DarkWave Studio Is now pure Freeware with no advertising bundled with the installer.
- Help file which was wot much good removed. Help will soon be available through an online help site.
- Added several additional sample projects to help people get started and see what DarkWave Studio can do.
- Modified ES Arpeggiator to not reset back to the start of the loop when a new note is triggered while an existing note is playing.
Platform SupportWindows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
LicenseDarkWave Studio is Freeware.
You are free to use DarkWave Studio for personal, educational, and commercial purposes.
Please consider making a donation to support the developer of the software.
|DarkWave Studio 4.8.1||Setup (.exe)||2.15 MB||Installs DarkWave Studio.|